Sage Intacct Sync - User Guide
This guide will help determine the correct way to set up the sync between your Sage Intacct and Cashflow360 accounts, and provides important details to know before syncing.
Table of Contents
- Sage Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
- Determine which integration configuration to use
- Decision Tree
- How to set up the account
- Best Practices Overview
This section covers a high-level overview of the following:
- List of objects that sync from Cashflow360 to Sage Intacct, and vice versa
- Known limitations
Sage Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
|Object||Sage Intacct to Cashflow360||Cashflow360 to Sage Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||Account labels not supported|
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- Cashflow360 uses default Sage Intacct terminology, so changes to Sage Intacct terms for Department do not sync over to Cashflow360 (e.g. we always display as "Department" in Cashflow360)
- Department Groups do not sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||Yes||- Projects / jobs cannot be created in Cashflow360
- Jobs are read-only in Cashflow360
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency is not supported. Cashflow360 supports only one currency. By default it's set to USD, but it can be changed in Sync Preferences.
- If the Sage Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, transaction currency will need to be set to USD in Cashflow360
|Bank Account balance||Yes||No|
|Attachments||No||No||Cashflow360 does not sync attachments to/from Sage Intacct. Use Cashflow360 to directly upload attachments. If attachments also need to be in Sage Intacct, upload in Sage Intacct after each transaction has synced.|
|Approvals||No||No||Cashflow360 doesn't sync approvals to/from Sage Intacct, however, the ability to sync ONLY Approved bills and vendor credits to Sage Intacct is available|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in Cashflow360 than Sage Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in Cashflow360 with Sage Intacct.
- If creating two vendors with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to Cashflow360; the second one will result in a sync error
- Cashflow360 uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within Cashflow360 to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Sage Intacct inactivation. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in Cashflow360.
- The sync does not support Sage Intacct deletions. The sync will not delete the Vendor in Cashflow360
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully-paid bills will not sync from Sage Intacct to Cashflow360
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in Cashflow360 the deletion cannot sync to Sage Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Sage Intacct
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved bills to Sage Intacct is available
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct do not sync to Cashflow360
- Partial payments: Payments cannot be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: If a payment needs to be voided with a specific date, the best practice is to first void in Sage Intacct and then in Cashflow360
- The memo field for Offline Payments in Cashflow360 does not sync to Sage Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Sage Intacct does not allow us to specify which vendor credit was used in Cashflow360
- Neither partial nor full vendor credit applications sync from Sage Intacct to Cashflow360
- Sage Intacct adjustments do not sync. Negative bills will sync as vendor credits to Cashflow360
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved vendor credits is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||N/A||- The original Purchase Orders can not be viewed in Cashflow360.
PO's and Receivers can be converted to Bills and Vendors in Sage Intacct. Once converted, the bill will sync into Cashflow360. PO Bills can then be approved and paid via Cashflow360.
- The PO# must be in the "Converted From" field of the bill/vendor credit in Sage Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in Cashflow360.
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in Cashflow360, or sync errors will occur
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to Cashflow360; the second one will result in a sync error
- Cashflow360 uses the Customer Name for matching, so Names should be unique within Cashflow360 to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||Cashflow360 supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||N/A||N/A||Invoices cannot be created in Cashflow360 if using Advanced Sales Tax. Create invoices in Sage Intacct with Advanced Sales Tax. The sync will bring them to Cashflow360 for payment.|
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync cannot bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Sage Intacct into Cashflow360. These fields are not exposed in the Sage Intacct API.
- The Order Entry module must be enabled in Sage Intacct for items to sync
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct do not sync to Cashflow360
- Payments cannot be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced, and are then voided, will generate a sync error, instructing the user to manually void in Sage Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment is not available in the Sage Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos need to be manually applied in both Cashflow360 and Sage Intacct|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes|
|Sales Order||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||N/A||- SO's cannot be viewed in Cashflow360
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in Cashflow360, or sync errors will occur.
Determine which integration configuration to use
How to set up the account
Recommended configurations for the best sync experience
Multi-Entity account syncs must follow Sage Intacct's existing Top/Entity logic. For example, if you are syncing at the Top Level and create a Vendor, the Vendor will be managed at the Top Level, and cannot be edited at the Entity Level.
Single-Entity account have no permission-level issues.
Below is a table with all the configurations we support. They vary based on the complexity of the configuration.
For Configurations A, B, C or D, refer to the Standard Sync Setup guide For Configurations E or F, refer to the Multi-Entity Sync Setup guide]
|Configuration||A: Single to Single||B: Multiple to one Entity||C: Single to Top||D: Multiple to Top||E: Single to one Entity||F: Multiple to Each Entity|
|Description||Single Cashflow360 account syncing to a single Sage Intacct Entity||Multiple Cashflow360 accounts syncing to a single Sage Intacct Entity||Single Cashflow360 account syncing to the Top level of Multi-Entity||Multiple Cashflow360 accounts syncing to the Top level of Multi-Entity||Single Cashflow360 account syncing to one Entity of a Multi-Entity account in Sage Intacct||Multiple Cashflow360 accounts syncing to multiple Entities in a Multi-Entity account in Sage Intacct|
|Sync Login / User||Company ID with or without Entity ID||No Entity ID||No Entity ID||No Entity ID||No Entity ID||Enter Entity ID||Enter Entity ID|
|Inter-entity Transactions||Transactions between 2 distinct entities, one entity using a cash account of another entity||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Lists (Vendors, GL Accounts, etc.)||Where are they set up?||Standard Level||Standard Level
Lists will sync into each Cashflow360 account
|Top Level - Unrestricted||Top Level - Unrestricted
Lists will sync into each Cashflow360 account
|Entity Level||Entity Level|
|Bills/Invoices/Vendor Credits||Where are they set up?||Standard Level||Standard Level (1-way)||Top Level||Top Level (1-way) ||Entity Level||Entity Level|
|Expected Limitations||Purchase Orders are not supported with this configuration.||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to Cashflow360||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to Cashflow360 Purchase Orders are not supported with this configuration.||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in Cashflow360 won't sync to Sage Intacct)||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in Cashflow360 won't sync to Sage Intacct)|
|Sync Setup Guide||Which sync manual should I use?||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide|
|Notes||Configuration not recommended if using multiple Locations||Need to code transactions to Locations||Configuration not recommended if using multiple Locations|
 The sync will be limited to syncing transactions one way, from Cashflow360 to Sage Intacct. Syncing transactions from Sage Intacct to Cashflow360 isn't supported in this configuration.
- For the ideal integration for Configurations E and F, Lists and Transactions should be set up and managed at the entity level. If they are set up at the Top level, use Configurations C or D to sync at the Top level (in this case, updates made in Cashflow360 will not sync, and will create sync error notifications).
- Configurations C, D, E, and F assume that the multi-entity account is shared.
- For Multi-Entity (Distributed), use Configuration A or B.
- Configuration C or D (sync to Top level) must be used if:
- Objects are owned at the Top
- Reconciliation takes place at the Top
- Account uses Automatic Inter-Company Transfers
- Account will use Inter-entity transactions
- Edits are based on permissions in Sage Intacct.
- If set up in Entity, then ID, Name, and Contact should be unique
Best Practices Overview
- Close date
- When syncing with Sage Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), best practice is to manually set the Books Closed Date, as only the most recent close date from any entity will sync to Cashflow360, possibly preventing transactions from another entity from syncing, even if the period is not closed for that particular entity.
- Chart of Accounts
- To make a Chart of Account type Bank or Credit Card in Cashflow360, create a bank account or charge account in Sage Intacct, and associate it to the corresponding Chart of Account.
- Vendor 1099
- Cashflow360 tracks whether vendors are 1099 or not. Cashflow360 doesn't contain information about the 1099 box or type. Therefore, 1099 vendors created in Cashflow360 are synced to Sage Intacct as form1099type=MISC and form1099box=7. If this default value is not what you need for your 1099 vendors, you should always create your 1099 vendors in Sage Intacct so you can select the correct form type / box.
- 1099 Line Items
- Cashflow360 doesn't support selecting the form1099 per bill line item. Instead, you need to set the field 1099 Category on the chart of account(s) used on bills line item to any value other than "None" so they will sync as form1099=true to Sage Intacct.
- Only unpaid bills sync from Sage Intacct into Cashflow360, so you should always initiate payments in Cashflow360. You can pay via Cashflow360 (check or ACH), select to print check in Sage Intacct, or record payment made outside of Cashflow360. The sync will send the related payment or check to be printed in Sage Intacct.
- We can't update paid bills in Sage Intacct. If you plan to re-classify bills in Cashflow360 after they are paid, you need to enable Re-classify transactions in your Sage Intacct configuration to avoid sync errors.
- Any POs in Sage Intacct will sync to Cashflow360 once they are converted to unpaid bills. Once they sync, they are ready to be approved and paid.
- In order for bills to sync seamlessly into Sage Intacct, you’ll need to disable approval in Sage Intacct. This option is found under Accounts Payable > Configure Accounts Payable > Payment Approval Settings section. You’ll need to uncheck the “Disable Approval” option. If you choose to have this option unchecked, you’ll need to approve all bills for payments to be recorded.
- Vendor Credits
- Only unpaid vendor credits sync from Sage Intacct, so you should apply vendor credits in Cashflow360. When you make a payment with the vendor credit, we will sync it to Sage Intacct where it gets automatically applied, based on the oldest available vendor credit. If you didn’t use the oldest available vendor credit when applying in Cashflow360, you will need to manually update, in Sage Intacct, which vendor credit was applied.
- Vendor Credits can sync to Cashflow360 but the application of the vendor credit is not supported. You will need to apply the vendor credit manually in Cashflow360.
- Sage Intacct adjustments don't sync. Negative bills do sync as vendor credits to BDC.
- Credit Memos
- Currently, Credit Memos don't sync to/from Sage Intacct. They need to be manually applied in both Cashflow360 and Sage Intacct.
- Bills/Invoices using Items
- Always code the bill/invoice with an Account. The integration doesn’t sync the Account associated to the Item.