Sage Intacct: Notes and best practices
|Object||Sage Intacct to Cashflow360||Cashflow360 to Sage Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Close Books Date||Yes||No||- When syncing with Sage Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), best practice is to manually set the Books Closed Date, as only the most recent close date from any entity will sync to Cashflow360, possibly preventing transactions from another entity from syncing, even if the period isn't closed for that particular entity.|
|Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||- Account labels not supported
- 1099 information/flags don't sync between Cashflow360 and Sage Intacct. We recommend managing 1099 information in Sage Intacct directly
- In Sage Intacct, once account numbers are assigned to a chart of account, they can't be changed, so this field is locked on accounts that sync with Sage Intacct, once saved
- DO NOT merge bank type accounts, this will potentially void and reissue payments when synced back to Sage Intacct
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- Cashflow360 uses default Sage Intacct terminology, changes to Sage Intacct terms for Department don't sync over to Cashflow360 (e.g. we always display as "Department" in Cashflow360)
- Department Groups don't sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||No||- Projects / jobs can't be created in Cashflow360
- Jobs are read-only in Cashflow360
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency isn't supported. Cashflow360 supports only one currency. By default it's set to USD, but that can be changed in Sync Preferences
- Note: If the Sage Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, the transaction currency needs to be set to USD in Cashflow360
|Bank Account Balance||Yes||No||NA|
|Payment Terms||No||No||Payment terms don't sync to/from Sage Intacct|
|Attachments||No||No||Cashflow360 doesn't sync attachments to/from Sage Intacct. Use Cashflow360 to directly upload attachments. If attachments are needed in Sage Intacct, upload in Sage Intacct after each transaction has synced|
|Approvals||No||No||Cashflow360 doesn't sync approvals to/from Sage Intacct. However, the ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to Sage Intacct is available.|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in Cashflow360 than Sage Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in Cashflow360 with Sage Intacct.
- Cashflow360 uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within Cashflow360 to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Sage Intacct Inactivates. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in Cashflow360.
- The sync doesn't support Sage Intacct deletions. The sync won't delete the Vendor in Cashflow360.
- If the Vendor / Customer Sequence Id preference is set to "Enter ID Manually" in Cashflow360, vendors created in Cashflow360 must have a valid Vendor ID in order to sync with Intacct
|AP Funds Tranfer||No||Yes||Only one location per Cashflow360 account is supported for funds transfer|
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully paid bills won't sync from Sage Intacct to Cashflow360
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in Cashflow360, the deletion can't sync to Sage Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Sage Intacct
- The ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to Sage Intacct is available
- $0 bills will sync from Cashflow360 to Sage Intacct in the state "No Value"
- Bills entered in Cashflow360 over $10 million dollars will sync into Sage Intacct as $0 bills in the state "No value"
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct don't sync to Cashflow360
- Partial payments: Payments can't be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: To void a payment and use a specific date, perform the void in Sage Intacct first then in Cashflow360
- The memo field for Offline Payments in Cashflow360 doesn't sync to Sage Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Sage Intacct doesn't allow us to specify which vendor credit was uage Intacct to Cashflow360
- The ability to have ONLY Approved Vendor credits sync to Sage Intacct is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||NA||- Purchase orders can't be viewed in Cashflow360
- Create POs and Receivers in Sage Intacct and convert them to Bills and Vendors. Once converted, the bill and vendor will sync into Cashflow360
- PO Bills can go through approval workflow and get paid via Cashflow360
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Sage Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in Sage Intacct
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) shouldn't be edited in Cashflow360 otherwise sync errors will occur
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) will duplicate in Cashflow360 if edited in Sage Intacct. If an edit is required in Sage Intacct, the bill should be deleted from Cashflow360 first, then the edit performed in Sage Intacct. The bill will be resynced with the next sync.
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to Cashflow360; the second one will result in a sync error
- Cashflow360 uses the Customer Name for matching, so Name should be unique within Cashflow360 to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||Cashflow360 supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||NA||NA||Invoices can't be created in Cashflow360 if using advance sales- tax in Sage Intacct. Create invoices in Sage Intacct and the sync will bring them to Cashflow360 for approval and payment
- Sales tax will only populate as a total on the invoice in Bill.com. You can enable Sales Tax, and check mark each line item that needs to be taxed.
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync can't bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Sage Intacct into Cashflow360 or Cashflow360 to Sage Intacct. These fields aren't exposed in the Sage Intacct API.
- Items will only sync if the Order Entry module is enabled in Sage Intacct, the Items dimension is enabled in Cashflow360, and the XML_Bill.com user has full permissions enabled for Order Entry Module.
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct don't sync to Cashflow360
- Payments can't be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced and then voided, will generate a sync error instructing the user to manually void in Sage Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment isn't available in the Sage Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos don't sync and need to be manually applied in both Sage Intacct and Cashflow360|
|AR Funds Transfers||No||Yes||NA|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes||NA|
|Sales Orders||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||NA||- Sales orders can't be viewed in Cashflow360
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in Cashflow360 otherwise sync errors will occur
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) will duplicate in Cashflow360 if edited in Sage Intacct. If an edit is required in Sage Intacct, the invoice should be deleted from Cashflow360 first, then the edit performed in Sage Intacct. The invoice will be resynced with the next sync.
ACCOUNT SETUP View all
QuickBooks for Windows View all
NetSuite/Intacct/Xero View all