QuickBooks Desktop sync error: The account number is already in use
Why the sync error occurs
When saving an accounts list, an error indicates that the account number is in use. This error is caused by a duplicate account in Cashflow360 and Quickbooks.
How to fix the sync error
Merge the duplicate accounts. When merging, keep the record that contains the integration ID.
- Select Settings
- Select Chart of Accounts under Accounting
- Select Merge Duplicates
- Select the checkboxes for the two accounts that need to be merged
- Note: Only two duplicates can be merged at a time. Multiple records require multiple merges.
- After selecting the accounts, a comparison table is displayed with the record information to choose which data from each account to retain
- Select Merge to merge all payment information into one account, preserving the selected information
- After completing the merge, run a sync
Things to know
If there's no duplicate account, follow these alternate steps to fix the issue in QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks, add an asterisk to the account name
- Run a sync to pull the account into Cashflow360
- Merge the duplicate accounts in Cashflow360 (following the instructions above) and keep the record that synced from QuickBooks with the asterisk in the account name
- After the sync completes successfully, remove the asterisk from the account name