Oracle NetSuite: How vendor credits sync
If you sync with Oracle NetSuite and use vendor credits, here are some tips and notes to help.
From Oracle NetSuite to Cashflow360
- Only fully unapplied vendor credits will sync to Cashflow360
From Cashflow360 to Oracle NetSuite
- Cashflow360 only supports classifications in the line items of a vendor credit
- Vendor credits in Oracle NetSuite can be classified both in the general section of the vendor credit, as well as the line items of the vendor credit
- When vendor credits sync from Cashflow360 to Oracle NetSuite, the general section of the vendor credit will use the account that's set as the Default Payables classification in the Cashflow360 Preferences within Oracle NetSuite
- To make it easier to reclassify these records (as needed), create a department, location, and/or class called Unclassified, Uncoded or something similar, and set that as the Default Payables classification. This will allow a report to be run to isolate the vendor credits that need to be reclassified.
- To configure the sync to apply vendor credits in Oracle NetSuite when a period is closed, enable Non-GL Changes to the Accounting Period in Oracle NetSuite:
- Hover over Setup > Accounting, select Manage Accounting Periods
- Select the period in which the vendor credit is dated to edit the base period
- Check Allow Non-G/L Changes
- If Oracle NetSuite’s “Only Sync Approved Bills/Credits” is enabled, vendor credits won't sync to Oracle NetSuite unless the Approval Status of the vendor credit is Approved.
- When vendor credits sync to Oracle NetSuite with this enabled, the status will automatically be set as “Approved” in Oracle NetSuite
- Once a vendor credit is approved in Cashflow360 and syncs to Oracle NetSuite, changes to the approval status won't sync
- The application of vendor credits will only sync from Cashflow360 to Oracle Netsuite as applied when the bill is paid in full. If the bill isn't paid in full, the vendor credit will sync as unapplied.